Sunday, August 01, 2010

Wanna Shop for Pop?


There is a store in Lee, Massachusetts in the Berkshire Mountains that does not have a web site or an eBay store. I happened upon it by chance while driving aimlessly around and immediately did a u-turn to check it out. It's The Retro Pop Shop and it's run by an affable, Jim-Gaffigan/John C. Reillyesque fellow named Pierre who is in it just for fun, which is why he doesn't concern himself with Internet sites and online auctions. Requests are written in an old notebook. Things are cataloged by hand. If you make a reasonable offer, Pierre will probably take it. It's located at 395 Laurel Street, and you cannot miss it wih the bright colors and cool signs. I think my favorite piece in the whole place is the giant McDonald's M that was found in a warehouse somewhere.

Pictures used are from hotrodonline.com because those pics are better than the ones I took.

1 comment:

Alexv said...

I like the hyperquotationmarking of the ice cream sign.